Tuesday, October 9, 2012

To Fry or not to Fry!


How often have you heard that question?  How often have you walked up to the counter to order just a burger and walked away with a burger and a large fries and a large drink?  Trust me - not a good thing for a diabetic.
I had seen this as a bill board next to the freeway last week and could not take a picture of it.  The sign really took me by surprise.  I mean, french fries.  Really?  To lose weight  get a smaller bag of fries.  There are so many other things they could have put on that poster that would be just as appealing.
How about skipping the fries entirely?  Then you could probably keep the bigger, better burger?  What kind of soda is that?  Why not iced tea?  How would you change the picutre?
I don't know about you, but I will admit that every once in a long while certain french fries are very appealing.  But, I learned early on that just five (5!) can effect my glucose readings.  And, since I was more scared of diabetes than I liked fries, fighting diabetes won.  But, that was my decision and my fight to control.  Now, fries can be on the table and I just don't touch them.
What's your decision?  To fries or not to fries? Or, do you downsize to a small fry and ease yourself away from them.  You will find that you might enjoy that great hamburger more if you don't have fries.  (Okay, maybe I was going over board with that one!)
As always, thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment