Monday, September 24, 2012

A Bit of Style for Diabetics!


Okay, so maybe diabetes wasn't lacking style. Maybe everybody really does like those black little cases for testing meters and, if you need them, insulin pumps.  I mean, black does appeal to both sexes and all age groups, right?  It goes with everything - kind of.
NOT.
I know I don't deal with insulin pumps here.  But a lot of folks do, and one Dad, David Winegar, took it on himself to design a cool insulin pump case for his son.  And, he thought that others might like it, too.  So, he started a little business.  No clue what level of success he is achieving; I just really like the fact he is trying to make life for his son as good as it can be.
So, take a look at Rad's Blog.  There's a link to his website on the right.  And, if we are really good, he might even start designing better cases for the rest of us!  I mean, does anyone even have a pink case?  Or, a red case for their meter?  Or, one with monsters or fairies on it?  Wouldn't it be great if you smiled each time you looked at your case instead of approaching with a bit of dread?  (Yes, there are days when I just don't want to see the thing!)
Really, have any of you seen any meter case that wasn't black?  If so, let me know!  Please. Put it in comments.
And, I REALLY hope that David does not mind me taking the image from the blog.  If so, let me know and I will remove it from the posting.  I just think it's great how much you are showing your love for your son - and for anyone carrying an insulin pump.
As always, thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment