Monday, July 23, 2012

Just Found - Great Snack for Diabetics

Little snacks are an important part of my diet.  There are a number of them that could work for you, but I have to tell you about the one I found recently at COSTCO.  Yep, COSTCO.

First, I am not getting a dime from anyone anywhere for anything - so if I let you know about something, it's because I have found it works.

Meanwhile, back at the snack.  I have used nuts, fruit, a bit of cheese, a bit of peanut butter on crackers, and any number of foods that work okay.  I ate them, and if eaten in moderation and with the right portion size, they are just fine.  The one thing they all have in common is a carb count of 15 to 20. 

However, I found a granola-type bar in COSTCO with a carb count of 14, and if you subtract the fiber carbs, which I have learned you can, total carbs is 9.  That's right - nine.  The name of the snack is Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar.  They are great for a morning or afternoon snack. 

Oh, and they taste good, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment